Sunday, February 16, 2014

ARROZ DOCE (PORTUGUESE RICE PUDING)

This is one of my favorite desserts.
It brings me back to my childhood and reminds me of festive times in Portugal, when my grandmother used to cook of all these delicious.   

ARROZ DOCE (PORTUGUESE RICE PU
DING)
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 pinch of coarse salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Lemon rind (2 large pieces)
- 1 cup of round rice
- 1 lt. of milk (room temperature)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup of sugar
--- For Decoration ---
- Cinnamon powdered

PREPARATION

In a saucepan bring water, salt, lemon rind and cinnamon stick to a broil. Add rice and reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.

Drain rice and start cooking in milk (still on low heat) gradually adding milk until it turns into a creamy consistency. Then add in ¾ of the sugar and stir until it’s completely absorbed.
In a separate bowl, whisk the rest of sugar with the egg yolks until white and foamy, add a few tablespoons of the rice mixture to temper the eggs and quickly incorporate yolks mix into the pan.
Let the rice continue to simmer until thick and creamy again. Remove rind and cinnamon stick and pour into ramekins (or nice serving dish), decorate with cinnamon and refrigerate.


Try it and let me know what you think.
Bom apetite!

Facebook group Chez Marie Clement, call me 04 10 733 278 or e-mail me mlfc78@gmail.com

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment